Goals and focuses for 2015
Note: This is an older post from 2015.
I have learned a lot in 2014 while becoming a front-end developer and working remotely full-time. In 2015 I plan on learning even more about front-end development.
Below are some of the professional goals I want to focus on and improve in 2015.
- Contribute code to an existing open source project.
- Finish my WordPress starter theme & workflow.
- Develop a few WordPress themes and sites.
- Learn more about Node.js
- Learn more about web components and Polymer.
- Continue to keep up to date with latest web technologies, frameworks, and ideas.
- Do more freelance & side projects.
- Write and share more. I want to keep this blog more up to date with my thoughts and what I am learning.
- Meet more people in the web development & design industry and keep in touch with them. This has been more difficult working remotely.
- Continue to improve my web development & design workflow and become more efficient.
- (Added 1/12/2015) Become proficient with keyboard shortcuts and not using a mouse/ menus.
- Keep an up to date projects & case studies page that includes projects I have worked on.
- Create a site that generates passive income.
Let me know what you think on twitter @rdallaire